Through the Expressive arts Area of Learning and Experience, schools and teachers can encourage children and young people to develop their creative appreciation and talent and their artistic and performance skills. The expressive arts provide opportunities to explore thinking, refine, and communicate ideas, engaging thinking, imagination and senses creatively. They also promote exploration of issues of personal and cultural identity. Engagement with the expressive arts requires application, perseverance and close attention to detail, capacities that have benefits across learning more widely.
Key Concepts & Strands
- Artistic communication takes many forms
- Humanity reflects itself through the arts
- Creative experiences enrich our lives
- Experience and practice develops technique
- Creativity exists in us all