Health & Wellbeing:
Children and young people need to experience social, emotional and physical well-being to thrive and engage successfully with their education. The Health and well-being Area of Learning and Experience will help them to build the knowledge, understanding and skills that will enable them to develop positive and appropriate relationships, deal with the difficult issues and decisions they will face and learn to live independently.
Health & wellbeing – Statements of what matters
- Developing physical health and well-being has lifelong benefits.
- How we process and respond to our experiences affects our mental health and emotional well-being.
- Our?decision-making?impacts on the quality of our lives and the lives of others.
- How?we?engage?with?social?influences?shapes?whowe are and affects our health and well-being.
- Healthy relationships are fundamental to our well-being.