Language, Literacy and Communication:
Language is the essence of thinking and is integral, not just to effective communication, but to learning, reflection and creativity. This Area of Learning and Experience provides the fundamental building blocks for different forms of communication, literacy and learning about language, and also opportunities to develop competence in different languages.
Key Concepts & Strands
- To use languages effectively we must understand that they are constructed, connected, and evolving.
- Using languages effectively helps us to belong, contribute, create and communicate.
- As capable communicators we use and adapt languages for different audiences, purposes and contexts
- Communicating accurately with others contributes to how we understand, sympathise, empathise, connect and share experiences and work with others.
- Experiencing and enjoying literature promotes critical and creative thinking, stimulating our imagination and develops our understanding of the world