Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive Free School Meals in maintained schools in Wales:
- Income Support (IS)*
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance (IR)
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit with an annual total income below the HMRC set limit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
*Children who receive IS or IBJSA in their own right are also eligible to receive free school lunches.
By completing the attached application form below and returning to Contact Wrexham, 16 Lord Street, Wrexham, LL11 1LG. It is essential that all sections of this form are completed, in particular Part 1 showing the claimants full name, date of birth and NI number.
Alternatively, if you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit from WCBC please call the Support Services section on 01978 297413 to discuss your eligibility for free school meals.